Saturday, August 7, 2010

Graucho's flamed electric fattie bike chopper - AtomicZombie.com builders gallery

Wow! We were only away for a week in the great outdoors for fun in the sun by the lake, and were bombarded with entries for the Builders Gallery. Some of you have been very busy lately. Great stuff!

More amazing choppers, recumbents, trikes, tandems, motorized bikes, fun/crazy bikes, kids' bikes, tall bikes, etc. Be sure to check out the gallery this week to see them in all their glory!

Many new additions to the gallery will be posted this upcoming week, but due to the volume, it will take us awhile to get them all online, so please be patient!


I read through this build from the start and it makes me snicker. First I was building a
5 speed 1000 watt full suspension fattie. Then, I changed my frame and design to a dual rear
shock single speed 1000 watt fattie. Then, after a motor/battery fire while riding I changed my
frame and design again to a single speed, front wheel hub 600 watt full suspension fattie.

This is what happens when you don't follow a plan folks. A good reason why Brad's
plans "DO" help you greatly. But that's not how I tick. I don't fear the unknown. I don't fear change.

I have zero fear of failure. I find taking out the cutting wheel and chopping apart a fresh weld another
lesson learned. And finally I'm able to belly laugh at my own stupidity (even when there's no one else
in the room).

So to sum it up:  anyone with a dream and the correct mindset can change their bicycle dream
several times to create their final vision. Just hopefully you can do it faster than I am. My beginning
posts had 3 ft. of snow outside!


 
This jumbled mess is testing the wiring before hiding and attaching everything together. A-OK to move ahead. I'm also Installing an extra 75 amp emergency shut off switch just in case she gets stuck wide open. I don't have the brake shutdown style of shutdown. So, once again, I improvised.





~ Graucho, south eastern Minnesota

Follow Graucho's build blog:  http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php?t=3598