Sunday, January 16, 2011

3/4" Recumbent Tadpole - Atomic Zombie builders forum

"Hello world of Atomic Zombie. I have decided to build a tadpole, but as the design is rather risky, I thought I'd run the idea by some (much) more experienced builders. If you have a minute, I'd love your imput.

My Home Depot only carries round EMT, so I have no known source of 1.5" Square that most use. I would like to build a tadpole frame out of bent 3/4" round EMT. As this is a rather weak material, I have obvious concerns, but I would think with enough bracing, it could work. The frame is based around a mesh seat, with the top of the seat frame bending back and becoming the seat stays, then bending forward at the dropouts to become the the chain stays, and onwards towards the front of the frame, under the seat, and to the bottom bracket."

Read more and join the discussion: 3/4" Bent Tadpole