Monday, September 12, 2011

Vigilante Inferno by Tim - UK



"Hi folks!

Here is a picture of me riding the Vigilante I completed last year for the Lord Mayor of London's Skyride, that I took part in this weekend. It was like having a bad itch, trying to keep it under wraps for so long, but what a blast riding it through the streets of London!

The pic is me riding along Embankment along the side of the river Thames, after passing Buckingham palace and riding down The Mall! I felt like the king of the road! On this bike I think I was! The plans and instruction were great, and it was a blast to build and ride. I only had 4 spokes on the back, and decided the same on the front would be cool to!

I also added 5 speeds on the back and some small changes to the bars, and added a pivoting sissy bar friction brake that smells of burnt rubber when you use it, and at higher speeds actually smokes! How cool is that? To say I am happy with the bike, and had the best time ever would be an understatement! A grin from ear to ear that has been permanently fixed since the ride!  All the very best, Tim Heyes"

our own Vigilante chopper