Friday, December 30, 2011

Electric Warrior recumbent tadpole trike in Norway



"Hello!

Some months ago, I purchased building instructions for the "Warrior". Very good and highly
valuable, thank you very much! Since I had no previous welding experience, your "welding basics" tutorial also helped me a lot.

I was "brave" enough to go for round 50mm/47mm tubing in place of the square tube frame. It gave me grey hair before I mastered welding round thin walled tubing. Very difficult for a beginner, but a lot of practice helps (and a good grinder). Your instructions of how to make use of different existing bicycle parts were most welcome. It saved me a lot of research work.

Since I live in a place with a lot of hills, and almost no flat areas, an electric motor is almost mandatory to get anywhere. So, I purchased a "Golden Pie" and 38V LiPo batteries.



The trike was finished and first test ride was made today. It is NOT the right time for bicycle trips in Norway at this time of the year, but I cannot wait for the spring to get this thing tested. After some adjustments of the handlebars to maximum comfort, it was ready for a ride. It rides perfectly! Very stable and easy to handle.




Even on ice and hard snow it was no other problems than some painful "bone rattling" over some very bumpy parts in the road caused by poor clearing of the snow and ice. The motor really does a great job to zoom up hills that otherwise would slow me to walking speed. I hope this will be a great alternative to my car when commuting to job, and for pure fun.

Thank you very much for your instructive web site!

Regards,

Bjørn Furuheim, NORWAY"


 Wow! That's a great, rugged Warrior trike designed for your climate. Thanks, Bjorn for your kind words. Hope to see more bike creations from you.


Build your own cool recumbent trike.